WELCOME TO THE NNIA’S CPD INITIATIVE
We are committed to the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) of all health practitioners in Africa. This initiative is facilitated by the Nestlé Nutrition Institute Africa (NNIA), and seeks to keep professionals informed of the latest research and developments in the field of nutrition.
Nestlé as the sole funder of the NNIA and a responsible corporate citizen is committed to increasing its efforts in skills development in the country through contribution to continuing medical education. As part of the Government’s monitoring of the private sector contribution to skills development, we are required to provide the following information. Names and contact details are kept on our files but we need to submit statistics with regard to gender and race. We acknowledge the sensitive nature of the information and assure you that this information will not be used for any other purpose. We appreciate and thank you for your support in this regard.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a programme aimed at registered health professionals to keep them up-to-date with the latest developments in nutrition and add to their professional growth.
ABOUT NNIA CPD
Continuing Professional Development is a programme aimed at registered health professionals to keep them up to date with the latest developments in nutrition and add to their professional growth.
Every two months the NNIA posts articles are accompanied by questionnaires that are accredited 3 CPD points each. A different topic will be covered each time, please note that the CPD activities are available for 2 months at a time. However, the CPD articles will still be available in the archives of the website for your convenience.
A CPD certificate is available immediately upon completion of an activity
You will also be able to view your NNIA CPD activities and points at any time
In order for you to gain access to your individual profile, you will need to
When registering for the first time:
- You need to register on www.nestlenutrition-institute.org as a Health Professional.
- The system will e-mail you a random password. Please ensure that you keep the password for later use . You can change your password in the Password Assistance section.
- When asked to enter your Health Professions Council registration number, please ensure that you use the correct prefix e.g. DT or MP.
- Please ensure that we have your correct particulars. For practitioners who have participated in our CPD activities in the past, your particulars stored in our database will appear on the screen. Should it for any reason not be correct you can change your details by using the My Profile section on the Website.
After successful registration:
- Use the NNIA CPD Status section to view your online CPD status. You will need your HPCSA number when trying to access this CPD information.
- Use the Current CPD Activities section to view the latest available CPD activities. You will need your HPCSA number when trying to access this CPD information.
- A list of activities will be displayed on your screen. Select the relevant activity that you are interested in.
- You will be given the opportunity to download the selected article/s relevant to the selected activity
- After you have worked through the article, you must complete the relevant online questionnaire.
- After you have completed the online questionnaire, submit your final answers by selecting the 'Submit Answers' option. After you have selected 'Submit Answers', you will not be able to make any more changes on your answer sheet.
- The results of the completed activity will be available on your screen instantly. You can print the results page for your own record. The results will also be reflected in the NNIA CPD Status section.
- You will also be able to access your own Status of Nestlé CPD activities at any time to view an update of your CPD points
Click here to register now or view the latest CPD Activities.